Jacopo Biondi Santi
A new, fresh, round and dynamic Sangiovese from the great Biondi Santi tradition. Sassoalloro is the name of a gigantic erratic rock of volcanic origin which for centuries has given rise to many legends.
- Production area: Scansano (Grosseto) Tuscany - Italy
- Age of vineyards: From 15 to 25 years
- Composition of the soil: "Galestro'' of eocenic origin
- Exposure of the vineyards: West, South-West
- Altitude: From 300 to 450 meters a.s.l.
- Harvest: End of September
- Refinement: 14 months in barriques of not toasted Tronçais oak
- Grapes: 100% Sangiovese grosso BBS11
- Colour: Brilliant ruby red with violet tones
- Nose: Fruity, fresh, intense, predominant of sweet violet
- Palate: Gentle and velvety, elegant, long lasting yet "ready"
- Longevity: 15 to 20 years
- Pare with: Selected meats and roast, saltwater fishes
- Alcohol ml/100 ml: 12.72
- Residual sugars g/l: 2.60
- Total dry extract g/l: 31.80
- Total acidity g/l: 5.30
- Total S02 mg/l: 106
Awards of Sassoalloro 2008:
Wine Spectator - 90/100 ; Wine Advocate - 80/100 ; Decanter Asia Wine Awards - Silver medal ; Luca Maroni - 88/99 ; Bibenda Duemila Vini AIS(Associazione Italiana Sommelier) - 4 grappoliRegion Toscana
Grapes Used: Sangiovese Grosso 100%